Look Out!

Monday, December 4, 2017

Flipped Class Video Activity

Using a TED-Ed as my reference to make some exercises is such a new thing to me yet very interesting because this is the first time I knew and used an app as my practices. When my lecturer explained to me about flipped class, the first thought that came out of my mind was whoa that's super cool but is that suitable in this country? Well, if we make a comparison with other developing countries, yes we still leave behind because plenty of schools are still less attention from the government. Even in China, students are starting to use e-learning as their material even inside out outside classroom.


What I'm trying to say here is the flipped class is a totally outstanding system that also makes students think more about developing technology in this era. We also know that children these days are allowed to use a gadget for fun. If for gaming are allowed, how about their education? I bet their parents are no doubt to support and keep supervising their children's activity on a gadget. If I am a teacher, I will use the flipped class system so that I can monitor my students' development. On the other hand, I have to adapt to the class also the institution condition. If it's possible to use the system, why not? Because there are many advantages using the flipped class such as either students or teacher are able to use it anywhere and anytime. That's the first. The second one is paperless. We know that the biggest unsolved crisis in this world is about global warming. The less paper we use, the more trees that we can save.



When I made my TED-Ed (https://ed.ted.com/lessons) by creating a lesson, the first thing that came out of my mind was incredible! All I had to do is just looking for a video from youtube (youtube.com), copy the link and paste into the tools. The next step is making some questions and voila! Your video activity for the flipped class is ready to use! Even I already mentioned the advantages, it doesn't mean the tool doesn't have some drawbacks. Actually, I only found 1 as my consideration using video activity to apply at class and the reason is we need well-prepared for the equipment such as a laptop, wi-fi, sockets etc and not all school/university provide those things.

You can look out my flipped class video activity about visual aids by clicking this and my video presented to a senior high school student also college one. Enjoy and keep practicing!7




4 comments:

  1. Hi Anggie,
    It's amazing explanation that you type in your blog. I really like it. you explain the topic step by step. can't wait for your next blog post girl!! GOD JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello angie! very good writing there! hope to see how you design it more attractively! great job angie! God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Anggie.
    Yes, I could not agree more with your opinion. Flipped classroom just can be done in schools which have complete tools and equipment, especially about the internet access and connection.

    You also attach some pictures related to the application and flipped classroom as well.

    Terrific, Anggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Enji!
    "If for gaming are allowed, how about their education?"
    This statement of yours had my mind blown for a second. You are right. Let the gadget be useful for our life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lesson Plan

Making a lesson plan for the first time wasn't easy at all. First thing first I have to look for a material that suitable for my student...