Look Out!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

ELT Video for the Beginners

As we know that as the second language, English needs to be easily accessed everywhere especially in the net. So many sources that available and the beginners can use them anywhere and anytime as long as they want to. How lucky I am, I'm joining CALL class this semester and my lecture, Ms. Priska, had shared some teaching and learning online sources that genuinely beneficial for the English Learners.

These are the flawless links that you should check immediately :
  1. The Internet TESL Journal
  2. ESL Video
  3. Breaking English News
  4. Jammie Keddie's Videotelling

Actually, the most eye-catching link that makes me want to learn more about is the ESL Video. When I opened it for the first time, there are so many awesome videos such as "The Shoes", "My Dad's Story", "Pharrel William - Happy", and so on.


Why I think that's a perfect link for the teachers especially student?
Well, when I opened "My Dad's Story", on the left side there's a video itself and there are questions next to the video and it was so creative.


The beginners can learn English by improving listening ability. Also, I'm pretty sure there's another videos or stories that can increase vocabulary etc. as well.

"Listening comprehension is anything but a passive activity. It's a complex, active process in which the listener must discriminate between sound, understand vocabulary and grammatical structures, interpret stress and intonation, retain what was gathered in all of the above and, interpret it within the immediate as well as the larger sociocultural context of the utterance. Co-ordinating all of this involves a great deal of mental activity on the part of the listener. Listening is a hard work, and deserves more analysis and support". (Vandergrift, 1999:168)

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree more with your opinion about your chosen website. I've ever opened that website.
    I also agree that vocabulary is the most important thing for beginner to be learnt besides grammar.

    Okay then. Good luck for your next project. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enji!
    Of course you're a lucky girl! Especially after you know those website. Now I know those website too. It makes me a lucky girl too! How wonderful it is. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Lesson Plan

Making a lesson plan for the first time wasn't easy at all. First thing first I have to look for a material that suitable for my student...